A beautiful luxury castle with heated swimming pool, wellness and sports facilities, trampoline, swing, located in the capital of Burgundy.
It was designed in the 19th century by the famous architect Haussmann, which can be seen in the richly decorated facades, where the central round tower gives a touch of romance.
The location is between the vineyards and wineries. Outstanding detail: the neighbour produces top wines and welcomes you in his "cave". A footpath between the vineyards leads you to the village where a good baker is located.
The private property covers about 4.000 m2 and is beautifully laid out. You enter the property through a high gate. Behind it there is a car park where five cars can be parked without any problems. On this car park you will see a house that is, so to speak, facing the castle. It has its entrance on the other side and does not violate your privacy.
If you walk along the castle to the back, you will be pleasantly surprised by the beautiful view. Hilly vineyards with the village in the distance; a fairytale! It is also pleasant in the evening when slowly but surely all the lights in the surrounding area turn on.
Near the castle there is a large terrace with a beautiful jeu-de-boule court and a table tennis table. A staircase, closed by a fence, leads to the lower part of the garden, where there is a heated swimming pool (the water has a pleasant 28 degrees from early spring to late autumn ...). The pool measures 10 by 5 metres and is particularly well secured with a special electric roller deck. Around the pool there is a beautiful terrace with sun beds waiting for you. There is an outdoor shower with hot and cold water.
On an extra wide part there is a comfortable dining tableware with a huge parasol. Adjacent is a summer kitchen equipped with a fridge, sink, hob and a selection of summer dishes. There is also the permanent barbecue; in short, all the ingredients have been brought together here to enjoy meals or summer snacks at the edge of the swimming pool, at the foot of the vineyards. Children can play on the lawn; there is also a swing.
When you enter the castle, you will also recognise the Haussmann style: old oak floors, ceilings with mouldings and woodwork in the living rooms, fireplaces and windows and doors from times gone by... It is a perfect combination of tradition and modern comfort.
The salon is beautiful with original murals and a spacious sitting area by the fireplace with a large flat-screen TV (satellite) and a DVD/Blu-ray player (and another Playstation 3 - wireless internet connection).
Through double doors you can step outside and walk towards the pool. In the adjoining winter garden there is a rattan lounge; the view is great here! From the lounge you can go to the billiard room with a nice billiard table. From the lounge you can also go to the dining room. Here is a long dining table with comfortable armchairs. Here too the decor is atmospheric and through the high French doors the sunlight flows pleasantly into the interior. In the wine fridge delicious wines from the area are waiting for you.
Adjacent to the dining room is the kitchen, which is elongated and offers you a complete set of cooking and eating utensils.
From the central hall you can go to the ground floor, where you will find a real sports hall with professional fitness equipment. For players there is a separate section equipped with a sitting area, a large flat-screen TV with Playstation 3, a DVD player and a table football table. Finally, there is also a nice sauna and a hammam that you can use as you please.
There are a total of eight bedrooms, each with an adjacent luxury bathroom. The bathrooms are all tastefully decorated and all have a washbasin with shower or bathtub and a separate toilet. The ninth bedroom is a beautiful baby room with a wooden cot and integrated bathroom. By the way, there are two bedrooms with a separate corner where a cot can easily be placed.
Five bedrooms have a double bed and three bedrooms have two single beds, which can be linked together if desired. On the first floor there are three bedrooms, two of which have the label "VIP room". These are spacious suites, the most beautiful of which has a beautiful balcony with a panoramic view. The baby room is also located on the first floor. The other five bedrooms are located on the second floor.
Interior of the castle
- 4 level castle
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- living room with DVD player and BlueRay player
- additional living room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 9 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- satellite antenna and cable television (geen Nederlandse zenders)
- entertainment room
- laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- kitchen with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms, each with king size bed and television (180 X 200 cm)
- 3 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds (2 X 90 X 200 cm)
- 3 bedrooms, each with king size bed (180 X 200 cm)
- 1 children's bedroom with a single bed (90 X 200 cm) and a stick bed. 2 camp beds available on request
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with double washbasin, bath and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin and bath
- 4 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin and shower
Exterior of the castle
- large and enclosed plot
- heated private pool measuring 10m x 5m
- wonderful lawned garden with gravel and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces
- table tennis table
- outdoor kitchen and barbecue
- outdoor shower
- outside dining area
- nearest airport: Aéroport de Dijon (within 100 kilometers of the castle)
- no smoking accommodation
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children, events and photo sessions
Features and services included in the rental price of the castle
- internet (WiFi)
- pool heating (temperature dependent on the outside temperature (aerothermal heating pump)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- game console (PlayStation 3), pool table, table tennis and table football
- sauna and wellness facilities
Features and services at extra charge
- Cooking service and babysitting service
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the castle)
- tennis and horse riding (within 5 kilometers of the castle)
- canoeing (within 25 kilometers of the castle)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.