Characteristic country house with private heated pool located in rural Correze.
A bit below Brive-la-Gaillarde, a few kilometres from the river Dordogne, this authentic French country house is situated in a changing landscape of hills, forests, meadows, and especially lots of walnut groves.
A romantic private access road under a long hedge leads you to the entrance of this country house. There is a large car park with a large barn next to it. Via a bordered staircase you reach the entrance, but you can also walk around the house on both sides. To the left you first come to a large meadow with a few large trees here and there; a beautiful piece of playground for children, but also lovely to stroll around for a while. It is also an ideal place to use the table tennis table. The total plot measures 3.5 ha. The view of the roofs of the houses in the area indicates that the villa is not isolated, however, you will enjoy all the privacy you need.
Through a fence you enter the recently landscaped grounds with the heated swimming pool (10 x 5). The rolling deck ensures that in the evenings the water temperature is maintained as well as possible. On the terrace, beach chairs are waiting for you, with shade provided by the parasols, of course.
You can look around freely and enjoy almost one hundred percent privacy; however, the most beautiful view is from a corner of the terrace and from some of the rooms in the house.
Next to the house is a canopy with the former bread oven underneath. Dining tables are waiting for you here. Thanks to the lighting and the funny round barbecue place in front of the canopy, this is a place where you can dine and enjoy long evenings.
Walking further around the house you will come across a piece of shaded grass and a stone staircase leading to the reasonably independent studio and finally back to the car park and the board stairs.
On this platform there is a variety of furniture; the large natural stone tiles are not all equally straight, but this enhances the charm of the house.
Inside everything has been very well cared for and restored with taste and sense of style. The official entrance is through the hall with guest toilet and stairs to the first floor, but in practice you will probably make more use of the double doors that lead to the large, very atmospheric kitchen. This atmosphere is mainly created by the large fireplace (the fire place can be used), the oak beams and ditto ceiling and of course the furnishings and lighting. A long dining table for 8 to 10 people has a sturdy top and if you don't want to eat outside, this is a more than excellent alternative. We saw ourselves here already in the winter, which is perfectly possible because of the electric heaters. In the kitchen there is also a closed wood-burning stove as an extra.
Further in this kitchen there is a large American fridge with ice maker, microwave, large cooker (with four burners and a wok burner and four ovens c.q. warming trays), sufficient kitchen equipment and cooking utensils.
Through the hall you enter the living room with double doors to the platform. By the antique marble fireplace there are two leather sofas (2 and 2,5-seater) and a classic french, light green velvet 3-seater sofa plus three additional chairs. The modern flat screen television has satellite reception (no Dutch channels).
Upstairs are four bedrooms (two double and two triple bedrooms) with good box-spring beds and tasteful furnishings. Thick alcantara curtains, beautiful bedding and a beautiful oak floor with rugs.
There are three bathrooms, one of which is shared by two bedrooms.
From the living room, at the back, you finally enter the lockable studio through a door. You enter the living/dining room with open plan kitchen. On the right side you can go outside via a stone staircase. The space is simple, but the bedroom and bathroom are well taken care of.
The kitchen has a small gas cooker, microwave and fridge and a coffee machine. Furthermore, enough kitchen utensils as you would expect in a studio. Separate modern toilet.
Besides a trip to and along the river Dordogne we can also recommend a visit to the beautiful Rocamadour, which is stuck against a very steep cliff and of course the world famous caves of Padirac.
Interior of the main accommodation of the villa
- 2 level villa
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- satellite antenna
- washing machine in bathroom
Kitchens of the main accommodation
- kitchen with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms of the main accommodation
- 2 bedrooms, each with king size bed (180 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with 2 double beds (2 X 90 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with 3 double beds (3 X 90 X 200 cm)
- bathroom with double washbasin, shower and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Living, kitchens, bed and bathrooms of the guest house
- open kitchen-diner with gas hob, microwave and refrigerator
- bedroom with 2 single beds
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of the villa
- large plot
- private pool measuring 10m x 5m
- beautiful lawned garden with gravel, trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- public transport: train within 5 kilometers of the villa
- no smoking accommodation
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- table tennis
Features and services at extra charge
- bed linen and towels
- 2 children beds/cots (on demand)
- hiking, mountainbiking, cycling and fishing (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- tennis, golf (Golf Puy d'Arnac, Savignoux, 19120 Puy-d'Arnac), horse riding, canoeing, kayaking and rafting (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.