Water mill for 22 people, 8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, 2 fenced pools (1 heated)
Great property, a former watermill and silkworm factory which is completely restored by the Dutch owners and offers optimal space, privacy, sports and swimming fun for young and old! On an area of 2 hectares lies this old water mill with spacious parking. We were very pleasantly surprised when we were given a tour of the mill and the grounds. The terrain is partly flat and partly sloping, large open stretches of lawn alternate with areas of unspoilt nature. A water channel runs from the mill to the 6-metre-high waterfall (also part of the grounds). The river offers the opportunity to fish and at high tide you can also swim in it. It is great how children can explore the animal and plant world here. There are a few fruit trees and a small vegetable garden. You can feed the fish and chickens with the children and enjoy their fresh eggs in the morning.
We would also like to bring the swimming pools to your attention; there are 2 of them. The swimming pool with the beautiful waterslide of 9 metres long can be heated for you. On the adjoining terrace, you can bubble in a jacuzzi or relax in the sauna.
Closer to the mill, you can enjoy a beautiful area with play equipment for children who cannot swim yet. There is a swing, sandpit, table tennis table and trampoline. There is also a sports field where you can play badminton, basketball and volleyball. The necessary equipment is available.
The access to the swimming pool is obtained through a gate that you can lock. Also the access to the pond is closed by a small door.
On the fenced area, close to the mill, is a large terrace under a 150 year old, thick chestnut tree and 100 year old lime trees that will provide you with shade.From the terrace you step into the spacious kitchen. Here you will find 2 dishwashers, a washing machine, dryer and a large gas cooker with electric oven. There are 2 long dining tables and possibly high chairs. If you want to play table football or billiards before or after the meal, you can do this in the same room.
This beautiful room opens onto another sunny terrace with 2 barbecues and a large stone table overlooking the pond with carps (they are only for watching, by the way).
From the summer kitchen you have access to the lounge with sofas and a large television. A hallway leads to the first bedroom with bathroom and separate guest toilet (ground floor). A staircase up leads to the first floor with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. These bedrooms share a balcony. On the second floor you will find the last 3 bedrooms: the view through the beautiful windows is amazing. Here you can still find old features such as the original roof construction and the beautiful arched windows. Two bedrooms share a bathroom and the last bedroom has an ensuite bathroom. There is a separate toilet.
Interior of this holiday home
- large 3 level holiday house
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- entertainment room
- laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- kitchen with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, mixer and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds (measuring 200 by 90cm)
- 3 bedrooms, each with 3 single beds (2 measuring 200 by 90cm and 1 measuring 190 by 90cm)
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin and shower
- bathroom with single washbasin and bath
- 2 bathrooms each with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- 2 bathrooms each with single washbasin and shower
Exterior of this holiday home
- large plot
- heated private pool measuring 20m x 5m
- lawned garden with gravel, trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 4 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside dining area
- 5 private parking spaces
- nearest town: Les Mages (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac de Rousson (within 8 kilometers of the house)
- nearest beach: La Grande Motte (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: Nîmes (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: Montpellier (111km) ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: train within 20 kilometers of the house
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- pool table, table tennis and table football
- central heating
- outdoor jacuzzi
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Facilities and services at extra charge
- bed linen and towels
- soccer field
- pool heating
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Les Mages, Languedoc Roussillon
- bar (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- water park (Centre Nautique-Le Toboggan Alès) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Les Mages, Languedoc Roussillon
- museum (Musée de 5 sens - Saint-Ambroix) and ruin (Châteeau d'Allègre) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking, cycling and fishing (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- horse riding and canoeing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 800,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.