Within walking distance of the village, you will find this beautiful villa in the Drôme with heated and fenced private swimming pool.
Purple to the horizon; lavender fields and more lavender fields that is the surroundings of this beautiful mill, restored to its former glory. The road turns into a paved path that leads you to this former water mill. There is ample parking space at the mill and from there you can see the mill, the swimming pool and the rest of the mill's own grounds of no less than 7500m2.
In front of the mill there is a terrace towards the swimming pool, interrupted here and there by a pleasant spot where you can sit and relax. Here you will find a large gas barbecue where you can grill. Under the large centuries-old plane tree near the mill is a dining set; here you can enjoy a meal in the shade while looking out towards the swimming pool. At the back of the mill is a floating wooden terrace; an idyllic spot with a view of trees, hills and downstairs there is a shallow stream where children will have a great time. The terrain is a surprising experience and adventurous for children who have plenty of space to play and run. The older children can also enjoy the table tennis table. There is a herb garden and also vegetables are grown which you can use to prepare your dishes.
The swimming pool is well fenced and measures 11 X 5 metres. In early and late season you can have a pleasant swim because of the pool heating but also because of the presence of a canopy, which can be slid over the pool via a rail system (unfortunately we don't have pictures of this yet). The swimming pool is surrounded by a sun terrace; several sunbeds of both teak and cast iron are waiting for you here and there is an outdoor shower. The spacious walk-in steps of the pool are very popular with children and also make it easy to get in and out of the pool.
Inside the mill it is pleasantly cool (by the way, there are some separate air conditioning units) and the renovation is really magnificent! There are beautiful wooden floors combined with natural stone. The house feels very spacious and light. In the salon the large fireplace and a huge arched glass part compete for attention. Next to the fireplace there is a comfortable sitting area. A large television with associated equipment is available. When you step outside through the glass doors you enter the wooden terrace.
One step lower than the sitting area; here is a striking detail in the natural stone floor; a thick glass plate offers a view of a small river (with lights) which flows under the house, you can see the fish swimming! This house is a feast to stay in, comfortable and a feast for the eyes. At the dining table (10 persons) there is a second fireplace and all the time you reach the beautiful kitchen where a large gas cooker catches the eye. The kitchen is spacious and well equipped. Between the kitchen and the living room is a beautiful bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. There is also a separate guest toilet.
In the kitchen there is a staircase with cast iron handrail to the top. In the first bedroom there is a cast iron double bed (140cm). A beautiful wooden cupboard and in this bedroom there is a wooden staircase to a mezzanine. This bedroom has a door to a balcony with a view of the lavender fields. The second bedroom also has access to this balcony. There is a double bed. In the third bedroom there is also a double bed, here is a sleek industrial floor, a fireplace and a wooden cupboard. In the left wing you will find the fourth bedroom. This bedroom is remarkably large. Here is a cast iron bed for two persons and a single bed. Nice details on the walls and a nice view through to the swimming pool. Nice bedside tables and lamps, it is all very well taken care of and everything in this house has been thought about in detail.
In the equally beautiful fifth bedroom there is also a double bed. Here you will find, among other things, a flat screen television. The mattresses are of good quality. On this floor are also the two other comfortable bathrooms. The first bathroom has a bath, a washbasin and a toilet. The second bathroom has a shower cabin with massage facilities and a washbasin.
In addition, there is another sleeping facility in a separate cottage. A cheerfully furnished room with two single beds on an elevation. This room can only be reached outside and in our opinion is therefore suitable for somewhat older children. This is an extra room you can use. You can use the cabanon outside where a washbasin and toilet are present.
At 1,6 km, walking about 20 minutes, you will find the picturesque village of Montségur sur Lauzon where you will find a bakery, a butcher and a small supermarket. All that remains for us to say is that the surroundings are one big invitation to discover!
Interior of the main accommodation of this holiday home
- 2 level holiday home
- air conditioned living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- air conditioned dining room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television (geen Nederlandse zenders)
- utility room with washing machine
Kitchen of the main accommodation
- kitchen with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms of the main accommodation
- bedroom with single bed and double bed
- 3 bedrooms, each with double bed
- bedroom with double bed and television
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin and shower
Interior of the separate unit
- bathroom with single washbasin and toilet
Exterior of this holiday home
- large plot
- heated private pool measuring 11m x 5m
- beautiful lawned garden with gravel, trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 4 terraces, of which 2 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 2 private parking spaces
- nearest town within 2 kilometers of the home
- nearest riverbank or shore: Ardeche (within 20 kilometers of the home)
- nearest airport: Marseille ( > 100 kilometers of the home)
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- 2 children beds/cots
- table tennis
Features and services at extra charge
- bed linen and towels
- pool heating
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Montsegur sur Lauzon, Rhône Alpes
- bar (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- zoo (La ferme aux Crocodiles) and water park (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Montsegur sur Lauzon, Rhône Alpes
- castle (Grignan) and ruin (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- fishing (within 1000 meters of the home)
- tennis and horse riding (within 5 kilometers of the home)
- golf (within 10 kilometers of the home)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.