This luxurious and (partly) air-conditioned villa with private heated pool (May, June, Sept, Oct) is located within walking distance of a delicious bakery in the picturesque village of Saint Etienne du Grès. The village is atmospheric and has an ideal location at the foot of the Alpilles (limestone hills and also called the Low Alps). An environment that invites you to hike because it is beautiful!
Between two stone pillars there is a cast iron gate with this little paradise behind it. The private area covers over 2000 m2 and is completely fenced. A large, flat lawn stretches out in front of you, where children can play! There are swings, a table tennis table and a petanque area.
The swimming pool is of course also a very pleasant place to be. It measures no less than 11 by 5 metres and is equipped with a wide walk-in stairs and for security and insulation a sturdy and automatic rolling deck.
On the long side there are sunbeds in front of you. The lawn flows smoothly into a wide terrace at the villa. A large part of the terrace is covered so that you can have your meals here, enjoying a pleasant shade. In the extension of the dining table you will see a nice, covered summer kitchen with a bar and a bathroom at the back. There is a pizza oven, a large grill, a normal oven and running water. In the 'outdoor bathroom' you will find a shower and a toilet.
The entrance of the villa can be reached through the glass conservatory where there is a table football table. Upon entering you will first find on the ground floor the stylishly furnished living room (with air conditioning) with beautiful shades and a comfortable sitting area. By the fireplace hangs a spacious flat screen television (with satellite reception but no Dutch channels).
The wooden dining table is suitable for ten people. Both the sitting area and the dining area have sliding doors to the garden. This also applies to the open kitchen, which is located 'around the corner'. This is ideal because it is not visible from the sitting area but is directly connected to the dining area. Through the sliding doors here you step onto the terrace near the summer kitchen.
The kitchen is beautifully equipped with a handmade worktop, induction hobs and an American fridge with ice maker.
Two of the five bedrooms are on the ground floor. The first bedroom is the Master Bedroom (with air conditioning). You first enter a hallway with a separate toilet and access to this atmospheric bedroom. There is a beautiful wooden floor and the double bed (160 x 200 cm) has a conversion of scaffolding wood. Opposite the bed hangs a flat screen television with a DVD player. Behind the wall of the bed you will find the walk-in closet and adjacent you will find the bathroom with a spacious walk-in shower and a washbasin.
In the second bedroom there is a double boxspring bed and opposite the bed there is a television. There is also a spacious wardrobe. There is also a bathroom in the hallway. This is equipped with a bathtub, a shower and a washbasin.
Upstairs are the last three bedrooms. In the hall there is an air-conditioning installation.
There are two bedrooms with a double bed and also these rooms are tastefully decorated. The access to one of these bedrooms is low; you will have to bend down to enter, but then you are in a very pleasant room! The last bedroom is ideal for children. There are two single beds, a camp bed and a chest of drawers. Cuddles are everywhere. In a niche at the back of the room, children will find a fair amount of toys and have a 'secret' play area.
On this floor there is a separate toilet and a bathroom. In the bathroom you will find a shower cabin and a washbasin.
All windows are equipped with a mosquito net and an electric shutter.
Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday there is a market in Étienne du Grès where there is a large amount of organic products for sale. Nearby you will find villages like Saint Remy de Provence, Châteaurenard and Tarascon.
The city of Arles, world famous for its large Roman arena, the old town and the river Rhône that flows through it is 15 kilometres from the villa. Within a radius of 20 kilometres you can not only walk, but also play golf, swim, canoe/kayak, play tennis, go horseback riding, climb and hang gliding.
Interior of the villa
- 2 level villa
- air conditioned living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- dining room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television (geen Nederlandse zenders)
- washing machine and tumble dryer in the kitchen
- kitchen with induction cooker, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, icemaker, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- air-conditioned bedroom with double bed and bathroom en-suite (160 x 200 cm)
- 3 bedrooms, each with double bed (140 x 200 cm)
- bedroom with 2 single beds (90 x 190 cm)
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin and shower
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath and shower
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large plot
- heated private pool measuring 11m x 5m
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 2 covered
- outdoor kitchen and barbecue
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 3 private parking spaces
- nearest town: Saint-Etienne de Grés (within 500 meters of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore within 50 kilometers of the villa
- nearest beach: Sainte-Marie-de-la-Mer (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest airport: Marseille (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport: Montpellier (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- no smoking accommodation
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- bed linen and towels
- table tennis and table football
- indoor jacuzzi
Features and services at extra charge
- pool heating
Sights and culture in Saint-Etienne-du-GrÃ¨s, Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur
- museum (Carrières de Lumieres), ruin (Baux de Provence) and historic place (Arles) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking and mountainbiking (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- diving, snorkeling, surfing and waterskiing (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.