In the Charente lies this spacious villa with 5 bedrooms and the terraces offer you unobstructed views over the fields.
When you drive along a quiet country road, you will not notice this former barn at all. Hidden behind outbuildings and another farmhouse there is suddenly a beautifully renovated house with an equally hidden, overwhelming panoramic view. Via a driveway you reach a car park, partly shaded by a walnut tree, where there is enough space to park 5 cars. Immediately you notice the bowling alley.
Through a fence - at the outdoor shower - you reach the terrace where the swimming pool is located and you can also enter the house.
The pleasantly heated swimming pool measures 12 x 5 m and can be covered; it has Roman steps. There are eight sunbeds and a parasol. A little further on the terrace is a hardwood table with another parasol and twelve chairs. Near the living room there is a veranda (only visible on photo 2), where - next to the swimming pool - you can sit in the shade.
From the terrace you can almost everywhere enjoy the beautiful view and the almost overwhelming, soothing silence... In the distance you can see a small church tower and when the bells are ringing, strangely enough this only enhances the silence.
Behind the swimming pool is a large, flat piece of grassland. Somewhere there are two football goals and it is easy to guess how they are used by children...
When you walk through something you will come (just around the corner from the large terrace) to a small part with a shelter where the barbecue is. Through a passage you can go even further to the front of the house, where in a courtyard there is a small terrace near the kitchen. Here is a table with six aluminium chairs and a parasol. Also here you can enjoy the view! Because you can enter the kitchen from here, this is an ideal place to have breakfast (with a small group).
Here you will also find the main entrance, but in practice you will be more likely to use the doors by the pool.
Upon entering you will enter a hall with toilet and nice shower, this is nice when you come out of the pool. From the hallway you can go to the kitchen but also to the laundry room with washing machine.
The kitchen is spacious and has a table with seven chairs. There is plenty of workspace and equipment here. There is a five-burner cooker with two ovens, a microwave, a dishwasher and two refrigerators. French doors lead to the small rear terrace.
A door from the kitchen leads to the living room, which is very large and spacious. There is a long old wooden dining table with ten chairs (plus two extra). Slightly higher, on a wooden floor, there are three large sofas by the fireplace; there is a large flat screen television (with English channels). An internet connection (wifi) is available.
From the living room several double doors lead to the pool terrace.
On an even higher level there is a snooker table and table football. Behind this are two bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with three single beds. Both rooms share a bathroom with a nice shower, washbasin and toilet.
A staircase takes you upstairs, where the other three bedrooms are located. Two of these bedrooms have a double bed, the other one a bunk bed plus a single bed. These bedrooms share a relatively small bathroom with toilet, small washbasin and a shower cabin.
Finally, the Master Bedroom is located here. This is about twice as big as the other bedrooms. There is a large double bed. A window opposite the bed offers beautiful views over the countryside.
The bathroom in this bedroom is split into two parts. One part can be reached through a door and has a bathtub and a washbasin with marble top. This bathroom is simple, but around a corner in the bedroom is the other part, a walk-in shower cabin actually. This is very large and has a beautiful shower.
A high chair and baby cot are available. Tenants can also make use of some bicycles. There is also a table tennis table and a volleyball net to place over the width of the pool.
Interior of the villa
- 3 level villa
- living room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- satellite antenna (geen Nederlandse zenders)
- laundry room with washing machine
- kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms, each with double bed (160 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with 3 single beds (80 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with single bed and bunk bed (80 X 190 cm & 2 X 80 X 200 cm)
- bathroom with shower and toilet
- 2 bathrooms each with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath and shower
Exterior of the villa
- large plot
- heated private pool measuring 10m x 5m
- beautiful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside dining area
- nearest town: Charras (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest airport: AngoulêmeCognac (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport: Bordeaux Merignac ( > 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport: train within 50 kilometers of the villa
- no smoking accommodation
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- cook service
- billiard, pool table, table tennis and table football
- children bed/cot (on demand)
- soccer field
- central heating
- pool heating
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Mainzac, Poitou Charentes
- theme park:Perigord Vert Aventures within 25 kilometers of the house
Sights and culture in Mainzac, Poitou Charentes
- church:Eglise St Radegonde de Fontroubade, castle:Le chateau de Logis and ruin,Donjon de la tour du Breuil all within 10 kilometers from the accommodation, museum: Espace de préhistoire de André Debénath
- horse riding, hiking, mountainbiking, cycling and fishing
- canoeing and kayaking (within 25 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 650,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.