This detached house has large private grounds (4 ha), a private swimming pool, large covered terrace with summer kitchen and stunning views , only at 2 km from the village of Monflanquin.
This centuries-old, characteristic farmhouse has been completely renovated and offers complete privacy. The location on a somewhat higher rocky plateau ensures that you have a beautiful view over the sloping, rural surroundings, with as eye-catcher the hilltop village of Monflanquin.
Around the house there is a large terrace, with lovely spots to sunbathe, read or enjoy the view. The swimming pool, which is partly surrounded by old oaks, cypresses and lavender bushes, also has a sun terrace. Here, in addition to the normal garden furniture, six sunbeds are waiting for you; some parasols provide the necessary shade.
The swimming pool (10 x 5 m) has a depth of up to 2.20 m, so you can dive in perfectly. A so-called Roman staircase makes entry and exit easy. The pool is equipped with an alarm. In another part of the grounds there is a perfect bowling alley.
Opposite the main entrance of the house is an elongated covered terrace, where you can retreat in the shade during the day. The summer kitchen in the adjoining outbuilding offers extra comfort here.
Very special is the large chessboard of 5 x 5 m with pieces of half a meter high. There is a bench, so you can sit down and think about your next move.
You enter a large kitchen with, among other things, a 5-burner gas cooker. In the pantry you will find two refrigerators, a freezer, a washing machine and a dryer.
On the 1st floor there is a library / sitting room with a television, a DVD player, a fourth refrigerator, numerous books (Dutch and English) and information about the area. This room is only accessible from the outside.
The farmhouse has six bedrooms (all beds are 200 cm long) and a total of four bathrooms. The bedrooms are spacious and brightly decorated; old details of the house have been preserved and combined with modern comfort, creating a very special, pleasant atmosphere. This also applies to the bathrooms.
There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the ground floor. One of the bedrooms and accompanying bathroom is suitable for a disabled person with a wheelchair.
Upstairs are the other three bedrooms. The last two of which are connected to each other. In the large room there are two single beds, on the mezzanine a single bed and in a small bedroom a single bed.
Available for children: 2 camping beds, 2 high chairs, table tennis table, petanque balls, playing cards and some children's games.
In Monflanquin you will find an excellent bakery and several shops plus a large supermarket. You will also find several cosy restaurants.
In the surroundings there is plenty to do. There are several nice markets (including a large one in Villeneuve and on Thursdays in July and August an attractive evening market in various places. Around the 15th of August every year the so-called medieval festivals take place, during which the village goes back to its origins for two days. Knights in the streets, music, roasted pigs, spectacles and inhabitants dressed in medieval clothes will take you back to times long gone.
Interior of the house
- 3 level country house
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- satellite antenna
- utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- The first floor is only accessible from the outside.
- kitchen-diner with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed and bathroom en-suite (160 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with double bed (160 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with 2 single beds (2 X 90 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with 3 single beds and bathroom en-suite (3 X 90 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with single bed (1 X 90 X 200 cm)
- bedroom with 2 single beds and bathroom en-suite ( 2X 90 X 200 cm)
- bathroom with double washbasin and shower
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- en-suite bathroom with double washbasin, bath, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- total of 4 bathrooms
Exterior of the house
- large plot
- private pool measuring 10m x 5m and 2,2m deep
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor kitchen and barbecue
- outside dining area
- nearest town: Villeneuve-sur-Lot (within 15 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Monflaquin (within 3 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: Bergerac (within 50 kilometers of the house)
- no smoking accommodation
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children and photo sessions
Features and services included in the rental price of the house
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- table tennis
- 2 children beds/cots (on demand)
Features and services at extra charge
- horse riding and fishing (within 1000 meters of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.