Just to the left of the Dordogne you will find this lovely quietly situated villa with pool heating and views on all sides of the house!
The Lot-en-Garonne owes its name to the two rivers of the same name that meander through the region. Add to this the many castles and the varied landscape; an ideal destination for a relaxing but also gastronomic holiday. As in the neighbouring Dordogne you will find several bastides, also called fortified towns with lots of charm. Larger towns such as Bergerac, Bordeaux and Agen should certainly not be missed during your visit to this versatile region.
In a small hamlet, near the town of Duras with its famous castle, this stylish villa is situated on a dead end road. Due to its elevated position, this house has great views over the rolling hills, meadows and vineyards. The unique thing is, that the view is not limited to a part of the almost completely fenced terrain, but forms itself completely around the villa. Peace and space are capitalized here.
The garden is really a picture; an abundance of various flowers welcomes you. Large rose bushes, but also fragrant lavender and other colourful vegetation make the grounds a beautiful sea of flowers. Walking around you will discover a sculpture here and there and, if the time of year allows it, you can pick fruit from one of the various fruit trees. Children can play to their heart's content, as there is no lack of a well-kept lawn.
The swimming pool has an exceptional shape and a playful fountain that opens into the clear, heatable water. The two walk-in steps are ideal for getting into the water pleasantly, or for children to play on. Around the pool, luxurious sunbeds are waiting for you on the spacious terrace, which is adorned with richly filled flower pots. Towards the villa you will reach a terrace covered by natural vegetation in the form of lush wisteria. Here you will find a wooden table with modern plastic chairs. Adjacent to the house is another canopy with a cosy wooden bench. On the other side of the villa is a second large table, with cast iron chairs. This is the perfect place to enjoy beautiful sunsets with the farmlands in the background.
Through the hall you enter the bright living room with high ceilings decorated with distinctive white beams. The large fireplace is the centrepiece surrounded by beautiful classic furniture. There is also a piano, which can be used by the practitioner. French doors give access to the side terrace with views. The television is in an adjoining room, which also serves as a library. The dining room is accessed via an archway from the lounge; there is a wooden dining table with six chairs. From here there is also the possibility to enter the beautiful terrace. In every room there are beautiful paintings that emphasize the atmosphere and classic luxury.
The modern kitchen is practically situated; both the terrace on the pool side and on the side of the villa, can be perfectly served from here. Here you can cook extensively with a view! All necessary equipment is of course present.
The Master bedroom is very spacious and bright. Also here there is a beautiful painting on the wall. There are patio doors leading to the great garden. The double bed consists of two mattresses that can be operated separately from each other. The accompanying bathroom has a bath, separate shower and double washbasin.
The other two bedrooms are located in a separate wing on the pool side. Both are equipped with two single beds, which can be placed against each other if desired. They both have their own bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilet.
Lovely villa where words are almost too short to describe the feeling of peace and space.
Interior of the villa
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- dining room
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- cable television (Nederlandse zenders)
- study room
- washing machine and tumble dryer in the kitchen
- kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine and electric kettle
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with double bed (180 x 200 cm)
- 2 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds (2 x 90 x 200 cm + 2 x 80 x 200 cm)
- bathroom with double washbasin, bath and shower
- 2 bathrooms each with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large plot
- lagoon shaped heated private pool
- beautiful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 2 terraces
- outside dining area
- nearest town: Duras (within 3 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Dordogne Garonne (within 2 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest park: Boissonna Botanische tuin (within 2 kilometers of the villa)
- nearest airport: Bergerac (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport: Mérignac Bordeaux (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- public transport: train within 25 kilometers of the villa
- no smoking accommodation
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of the villa
Features and services at extra charge
- internet (WiFi)
- cook service and babysit service
- pool heating
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Baleyssagues, Aquitaine
- amusement park (Des Chênes toi) and theme park (Park Acrobatique) (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- zoo (Zoo de Mescoules) and wild life park (Griffon Park) (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Sights and culture in Baleyssagues, Aquitaine
- church (l'église St. Marie-Madeleine), castle (Castle of the Dukes of Duras), monument (Monument aux Morts) and historic place (Tour de l'horloge) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- museum (Musées de Soumensac) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- tennis, horse riding, hiking, cycling, canoeing and fishing (within 1000 meters of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 700,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.