Child friendly castle with fenced pool and separate fenced flat lawn with playground equipment.
At this air-conditioned castle, situated on its own grounds of 12.000m2, we became very enthusiastic: it offers its guests comfort and harmony. The park-like garden with elongated lawns, centuries-old trees, a swimming pool, a playground and a piece of private forest makes this an oasis, as it were, the ideal place to enjoy your holiday in the company of friends or family.
The sloping landscape offers a different panorama after each hilltop. Touring around here, it is not difficult to imagine that not so long ago the only transport was 'horse and carriage'. In addition, many remains of the Cathars are still visible in the form of robust castles, towers and fortified villages. In these villages and towns, such as Castelnaudary, there are plenty of terraces where you can taste delicious (regional) delicacies accompanied by a good glass of wine.
A gravel path leads you to the castle. The beautifully shaped tower stands out beautifully red with the rest and immediately catches the eye. The garden is really beautiful. When you walk to the back of the castle you can go through a fence to a fenced-in part of the garden. On an elongated terrace where trees provide pleasant shade there is a long dining table where you can enjoy your meals together. The direct access to the kitchen is ideal. On the spacious lawn there is a playground with a baby swing, a normal swing and a slide. Children can play here in complete safety. Behind the play area you can see a high wall that forms the boundary with the neighbouring grounds.
To go to the swimming pool (14 x 6m!) there is another iron fence and then you can 'descend' left and right towards the blue pool. The pool is surrounded by a hardwood sun terrace where sunbeds and parasols are waiting for you. In a niche, there is a small fridge with dining table. You can leave this 'swimming paradise' through a fence and walk over the huge area bordered by a trees. You pass the 'outdoor bathroom', a funny wooden house with a washbasin, a shower and a toilet. Just a few minutes’ walk from the castle there is a beautiful footpath with a little water next to it. This path takes you over the hills past several villages.
The owners have completely air-conditioned the castle and have thoroughly renovated it inside and out and the result is astonishing. You enter an impressive hall with staircase. There are two living rooms in the castle. There is a spacious kitchen with dining room. In the dining area there are two long dining tables that can seat 16 people. If desired, the tables can be placed against each other. The semi-professional kitchen immediately catches the eye with its large gas cooker with double oven. The American fridge is of course also an important element!
There are 7 fully-fledged bedrooms in the castle, each with its own en suite and each decorated in its own style. The beds are of excellent quality. On the ground floor is a bedroom with 3 single beds and a bedroom with a double bed.
On the first floor you will find the other five bedrooms, plus a children's bedroom (comfortable bed of 120 X 180 cm).
Are you going to share this experience with us?
Interior of the castle
- large 2 level castle
- air conditioned living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- air conditioned living/dining room with hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television
- laundry room with washing machine
- kitchen-diner with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, icemaker, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- air-conditioned bedroom with 3 single beds and bathroom en-suite (3 X 90 X 200 cm)
- air-conditioned bedroom with king size bed and bathroom en-suite (180 X 200 cm)
- 4 air-conditioned bedrooms, each with double bed and bathroom en-suite (1 X 140 X 190 cm & 3 X 160 X 200 cm)
- air-conditioned bedroom with 2 single beds and bathroom en-suite (2 X 90 X 200 cm)
- en-suite bathroom with double washbasin, bath, shower and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath, shower and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with double washbasin, shower and toilet
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin and toilet
Exterior of the castle
- large plot 12.000 m2
- private pool measuring 14m x 6m
- wonderful lawned garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 4 private covered parking spaces
- nearest airport: Toulouse-Blagnac (within 100 kilometers of the castle)
- second nearest airport: Carcassonne (within 50 kilometers of the castle)
- no smoking accommodation
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children, wedding parties, photo sessions and yoga sessions
Features and services included in the rental price of the castle
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- table tennis
- central heating
Features and services at extra charge
- maid service
- extra bed and 3 children beds/cots (on demand)
- horse riding, hiking, mountainbiking, cycling and fishing (within 1000 meters of the castle)
- canoeing and rafting (within 25 kilometers of the castle)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 800,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.