Villa in the Gard for 8 people with private pool. Places like Uzès, Nîmes and Avignon are within easy reach.
On the outskirts of the rural village of Flaux, at only 30 km from Avignon and Nîmes, lies this cosy, fresh villa with private swimming pool. As soon as you walk out the access road to the villa along the handful of houses located here, you will enter a large rural area where you can walk endlessly. For daily shopping you will find the shops of the ceramics village St. Quentin la Poterie within a 7 minute drive. There are also several restaurants in the same town. Also the beautiful town of Uzès, with its famous Saturday market and pleasant shopping streets, is less than a 10 minute drive away. The French themselves call this town the 'Pearl of the Gard'. When entering the village of Uzès there are gravel tennis courts that can be rented by the hour. In Flaux - with its quiet, small and authentic village centre - you will find a Tappas restaurant with a lovely outdoor terrace.
This villa has a leafy garden of 1600 m2 where you will also find lovely sunny terraces and lots of flowers. The enclosed grounds are accessible via an electric gate with remote control. There is ample parking space as well as an open garage with a table tennis table. There are several terraces with seating areas around the house, depending on your needs in the sun or shade. One terrace adjoins the kitchen; here is a large dining table. Next to it is the barbecue terrace, where there is an outdoor kitchen block with a large electric Weber barbecue; the perfect place to enjoy your meals!
The swimming pool measures no less than 11 by 5 metres, and there is lighting in the evenings. There is a fence around the pool, not in accordance with French safety rules, so the owner has installed an alarm system in the pool. There are sun beds waiting for you on the large sun terrace around the pool and you can flatter yourself in the inviting lounge area; you will enjoy a lot of privacy here. The path next to the pool is nicely decorated with a hedge of roses. This garden is truly blissful!
Through a glass sliding door you enter the villa and you are then in the hallway of the kitchen. In this kitchen there is a wooden farmer's dining table with a cosy couch. All the necessary equipment to make a nice meal is available, such as a five-burner cooker, oven with microwave, dishwasher and large fridge/freezer. Adjacent there is a utility room with low ceiling where the washing machine is located as well as an extra tabletop fridge. There is also an extra toilet.
The living room is tastefully decorated with a cozy large Provencal dining table for eight people. The sitting area is situated around the fireplace where you will also find a television (with satellite reception), DVD player and a stereo system. Through two French doors you can enter the covered terrace from the living room to lounge!
There are four bedrooms in this single-storey villa, all with their own wardrobes. Two bedrooms have a double bed, the third bedroom has two single beds and the fourth bedroom has two extra long beds (210 cm). The 3rd bedroom is somewhat smaller and simpler than the other 3 bedrooms, which makes this room particularly suitable for 2 children. However, the beds are also fine for 2 adults. The beds are made upon your arrival.
This villa has two bathrooms. One bathroom has a double sink and a bathtub (renewed per spring 2016); the other bathroom has a sink, toilet and a nice large shower. In the hall there is a separate toilet.
A camp bed and high chair are available on request.
The swimming pool is open from May until approximately the end of October.
Interior of the villa
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- satellite antenna
- laundry room with washing machine
- kitchen with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed (2 X 160 X 200 cm)
- 2 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds (2 X 80 X 210 cm & 2 X 80 X 200 cm)
- bathroom with double washbasin and bath
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- large plot
- private pool measuring 11m x 5m
- beautiful lawned garden with gravel, trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- nearest airport: Nîmes (within 50 kilometers of the villa)
- second nearest airport: Montpellier (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- no smoking accommodation
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- table tennis
- children bed/cot (on demand)
Features and services at extra charge
- bed linen and towels
- central heating
Sights and culture in Flaux, Languedoc Roussillon
- architectural building (Pont du Gard) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking, mountainbiking, cycling and fishing (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- tennis and horse riding (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- golf (Golf d'Uzès) (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 850,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.