This restored farmhouse is situated in the northern part of the Dordogne between Perigueux and Limoges. This hilly region is characterized by forests, lovely rivers, castles and picturesque villages. Sometimes it seems as if time has stood still, as in the medieval farming village of Sarrazac. You can get your groceries in the nearby Thiviers or at one of the many markets where the farmers directly offer the freshest products.
An asphalted access road that turns into an unpaved but easily passable path leads you to this old farmhouse. The owners have succeeded very well in turning an almost dilapidated farmhouse into a house equipped with all modern conveniences without compromising the authentic style. The exterior of the house can be placed on an old postcard. Various surrounding barns have meanwhile been given a good function in the form of, among other things, a play area for children, where a table tennis table is located. In the spacious half open barn adjacent to the house, you can sit at the long table or in the cozy lounge area where the barbecue is also located. A feeling of space and tranquillity dominates here, relaxing almost goes without saying. Children can indulge themselves on the many parts of the lawn, which is not entirely cultivated. There is a very beautiful and wide view of the wooded hilly surroundings. The heated swimming pool is situated a little lower and measures 10 X 5 m. It is surrounded by a beautifully tiled terrace on which solid teak sun beds are waiting for you. There is an outdoor shower that also provides the necessary refreshment when the sun gets too hot.
Upon entering the villa you will immediately see the old stone staircase leading to the bedrooms and bathrooms. To the right of this staircase downstairs, is the entrance to the living room. Eye-catching is the decorative large fireplace, around which the sitting area is arranged, consisting of a classic sofa and armchairs. The dark wooden beams form a nice contrast with the austere white walls. The rug has the same shades as the wall of the fireplace, everything is pleasantly attuned to each other. Everywhere you will discover small original details that betray the fact that life in the old days was very different here.
The cosy kitchen is on the left side of the stairs and has a style that exudes the campaign. All the necessary equipment is available. By the wood-burning stove the dining table is set up with 6 chairs. From here there is access to the previously described canopy, where you can enjoy the view and sunset until the late hours.
The stone staircase takes you to the pleasant sleeping quarters, which all have the same style, beautiful wooden floors and views of the pool and the hills beyond. Upstairs on the right is the first bedroom with very comfortable and spacious box-spring beds. This room has an adjoining bathroom with walk-in shower, washbasin and toilet, all in pleasant light colours. On the left side of the stairs you will enter a hall, which is worth mentioning in itself, where the door to the second bedroom is. Here you will find the same beds and a shower and washbasin in a semi separate part of the bedroom. The toilet is separate. The third and last bedroom is one level higher. The old wooden beams are the eye-catcher of this room, which also has the same arrangement of beds. The accompanying spacious bathroom has a bath, walk-in shower, washbasin and toilet.
There are two extra beds available which can be placed in two of the three bedrooms if desired.
Interior of the villa
- 3 level villa
- living room with television, DVD player and hifi
- 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- satellite antenna
- washing machine in the kitchen
- kitchen with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms, each with king size bed (2 X 90 X 210 cm)
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath, shower and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower and toilet
- en-suite bathroom with shower
Exterior of the villa
- large plot
- heated private pool measuring 10m x 5m
- beautiful lawned garden with gravel, trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- 3 terraces, of which 1 covered
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- nearest airport: Bergerac (within 100 kilometers of the villa)
- no smoking accommodation
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- table tennis
Features and services at extra charge
- pool heating
- 2 extra beds and children bed/cot (on demand)
- hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the villa)
- fishing (within 5 kilometers of the villa)
- tennis and horse riding (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
- canoeing (within 25 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.